I have produced small tests for my project, although have struggled to make them all to scale. Maybe if I was to repeat this process I might consider 3D printing the small sculptures as molding them from clay meant that I did not stick to my size boundaries. I believe 3D printing would have been a quicker and more efficient way of creating the models.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The dome maquette that I made was not mixed correctly and so hasn’t get the smooth surface that I expected. For A first time working with these materials I am happy that I was able to create something, but I definitely need to practice this if I want to use it in the future.


Published by

Jessy Plant

A Brighton born artist, now studying a Fine Art Degree at Cardiff Met Uni.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s